This product is available in our stores
The Romanian company IOR Valdada optics has been producing quality optical products since the mid-1930s. During World War II, the company was recruited by German forces. During the war they produced a wide range of military optics. When Romania was absorbed into the Warsaw Pact, IOR Valdada became an important supplier to military forces in the East. Together with Carl Zeiss, IOR supplied military-grade optics throughout the Cold War.
The infrared filter present in this model is built into the binocular configuration and allows infrared radiation to be observed at night.
The IR system is a passive system, consisting of a screen, regeneration filter, and a screen actuator. The IR-sensitive screen is activated by a light source containing infrared radiation in its spectrum, which is perceived as bright spots. Activation of the screen takes between 7 and 20 minutes, depending on the source you use, and screens retain their ability to function for about 5-7 days.
IR binoculars are not a night vision device because the IR filter can only detect light in the infrared spectrum, for example, that produced by the active red beacon of a military car, which is not visible to the human eye.
Using binoculars with glasses is not recommended because the lenses of the glasses may scratch.
- IOR 2B 7x40 Valdada military binoculars with an infrared filter
- genuine military surplus from Romanian army stock
- body made of steel
- heavy rubber armor coating
- an anti-reflective multi-coated lens with magnesium fluoride T3, providing 98% light transmission
- eyepieces have Porro BaK4 prisms, are water resistant and nitrogen filled to avoid fogging inside
- in used condition, may show signs of abrasion, traces of dust due to long-term storage, some components may be missing.
- Manufacturer: IOR VALDADA
- IR filter foldable on the left side
- prism: Porro BaK4
- lens diameter: 40 mm
- field of view: 146 m
- magnification: 7x
- exit pupil: 5.7 mm
- brightness: 32.5 reticle
- focusing: independent adjustment on each tube
- linear field of view: 149m/1000m
- weight: approx. 1100 g including all accessories.